Genevieve Coffelt
Today Matt was challenged to step up with his chores and learn how to mow the lawn. Remember Matt is 7.  James and I were talking about how kids these days have very little responsibility. So, to turn our talk into action... James decided it was time to teach Matt how to mow. So off they went. Safety was first priority, shoes, eye wear.. lessons about the lawn mower. I was picturing some major breakdowns about this ordeal.
I am happy to report Matt did great. He actually embraced the task. Seemed very proud of his work. Of course the first thing he requested was his payment. He is saving to go ice skating. I guess we need to make our next life lesson the cost of just living with us. He has to start earning his keep. Good job Matthew. What a big boy job!!!! With every year he will just be getting stronger and more responsible. It's so much fun to watch him mature. This week while working in the yard together. (james was flying) I needed help putting the lawn lanterns  in. Matt got the mallet and hammer and took care of the whole thing. He did it without hitting his fingers, throwing the hammer around or joking around. And when I went to start the sprinklers, Matt jumped up and said, "I've got it mom". And sure enough. He has been watching you James. He knew exactly how to turn them on and how long.  (and its not easy)
0 Responses

Post a Comment