Genevieve Coffelt

We have something called media bucks around this house. One must earn a media 15 min card before playing video games, computer games or TV. The system seems to work. Matt can earn them by reading, doing chores around the house, or doing something special. So, his goal was to earn two hours of solid play time. Thus began the room cleaning. For three hours Matt struggled with staying focused. He would come downstairs and report he was trying to clean his room, but he just kept getting distracted. It was painful. I would go upstairs point out the obvious and then leave him to work. Finally after an hour of this process I clued in. Focus... Focus... Focus. One task at a time. First the clothes. After he did that he would report to me and I would give another task. It was a process.. but it worked. At the end of the three hour tour we had a clean room, two hours of media bucks and an exhausted boy.
I realized that I need a focus director.
0 Responses

Post a Comment