Genevieve Coffelt
It was the day of love and actually a birthday for a handsome husband. So a great reason to get myself motivated and do something fun. So it was..... the red feast. Slightly a sugar feast. O'well, have to live a little.

 Everyone got a paper mat to write out the reasons they love that person. I love this game. We play it often in our house. Along with, I love you more than...... And usually the person who states, "i love you more than coffee, or I love you more than the ipad" wins.
I have transitioned into writing I love you Matt, in code. I'm worried that any day now he will come home and tell me that its not cool to have a napkin with I love you written on it. So now its a code. An easy code, but a code none the less. Part of our secret language.

 James of course got the special plate because of his birthday on top of Valentines. He actually got a love letter this year. On the advice of George and Barbara Bush. Yes, my friends the Bush's told me, via the Today show, that they have been writing each other love letters for years. And their granddaughter was sharing some of them. It was so sweet. Writing is a lost art. So may this be the first of many love letters that will be read someday by our grandchildren. I think I should spice them up a little.

Thank you erin... the funfetti sugar cookies where such a hit. And I woke up to a request for more this am.

 Lasagna, red strawberry jello, sparkling lemonade with frozen strawberries... it was a delight.
Thank you to Carrie who scored me See's!!!!  We all were giddy with joy with that box. This house appreciates good chocolate. 


So after all the cards were read, and the dinner and dessert was had Matt disappeared to my sewing/craft room. He was yelling out how to spell a few things.  I didn't really get what he was up to. He came running out, like a joyful elf with this extra card for us. Look how neat those letters are. He folded the paper, used my heart punch on the corners. He was so filled with love and joy. It was so cute. He had already made a first set of cards, so this was his added touch. Adorable.
Oh... I love valentines day.
And Happy birthday to the worlds best Dad and husband !!!! We love you.
We did finish the night watching some flight movie. James' other love. :)
0 Responses

Post a Comment