Genevieve Coffelt
I bet you didn't know our little town of Gilbert, Arizona turned 90 this year. I find it hard to believe this town has been around that long. Maybe the farms. So, in true small town style.. there was a parade. OH man.. I have to say I dragged my crew there. I thought in my head there would be candy thrown, clowns running around, floats similar to the rose bowl parade, small little cars.. you know. Well, its not quite like that. But it was hilarious all the same.
Matt did confront me later about the "candy" issue. Apparently they don't throw candy any more. Sorry Matt. Yet another fabrication of the truth from me.
 Waiting for the parade to start. Don't worry, they got over the fence and found all sorts of strange, dirty objects. Many rocks thrown. No injuries.
 At one point James borrowed a bike from a neighbor, (thank you) and went for a coffee run. He choose to ride directly down the middle of the parade run. Therefore people thought he was part of the parade.

 My personal favorite. The modified "high rollers". Double decker bikes. Only in Gilbert.  Don't even think about it James.
 I think he liked it...
 Its no rose bowl parade... here it is. Gilbert Christian School Float.
Sweet Ava was the one who was really into the whole thing. Made me so excited to have a little girl. They get so excited about everything.

So now I'm dreaming about the day the family can go to the rose bowl parade or even... maybe.... the Macy thanksgiving day parade???
0 Responses

Post a Comment