Genevieve Coffelt
Well, honestly this is my favorite time of the year. And one thing that I love about James is that Christmas brings out the "sparky" in him. In true Griswald fashion James announced to us that he had purchased a permit to go cut down our own christmas tree from Payson. Matt and I were so excited... and a little scared. You know.. the how will we find a tree? Will it be too big, how do we get it home, how do we cut it down..
James assured us.. he had it all taken care of. 


And he did...



 This is the scene.. driving that tree home.
 6 months pregnant tromping around in the snow. Which was  a surprise... we thought blue skies for sure. Or at least I did. So not quite prepared. I had to steal James coat. Poor guy. Good thing he still has some Michigan blood.
 The great hunt. Its a lot harder than you think to find the perfect tree.  It took a few hours, a leaking tire, getting stuck in snow and sliding down ice... to find "the one". Remember we have the ford fusion.. not a four wheel drive. Again.. did not anticipate snow.
 Matt was in heaven.  He had a ball. Finding trimmings, a mini tree, discovering you really can make a snow angel. He loved it!!!!!
 Never complained of being cold. He believes that because he was born in Ohio, he will never get cold.
 Snow balls thrown....
 Icicles discovered. He couldn't get over the fact that you can eat these. With bare hands... yikes..
 There he goes... it happened so fast I didn't have time to video. I thought this process would take much longer.
It was heavy with all that snow. But.. let me tell you. It smells so good in the house.
Success!!!! It was a great day. I find so much joy watching the boys get excited and enjoy these little adventures. And we even brought the dogs. So you can imagine all the action. I laughed the whole way home. With a hot chocolate from McDonalds.
Thanks sparky... this was a hit.
0 Responses

Post a Comment