Genevieve Coffelt
Summer is over and school days begin. I love the first day of school. I love seeing all the kids, the backpacks, the mom's and dad's the brothers and sisters. Its just full of so much emotion.  And we all know that the parents are just as excited.

So here is the recap of Matt's morning.
"i don't want to go. I want to be home-schooled"

Really mom, I will listen to you. You will be my teacher.

Yeah.. I'm excited to see my friends. I think I remember how to tie my shoes.

Can I come home after lunch?

OK sloppy joes for lunch will make the day better.

Very humid that morning. My hair grew.

Einstein is so sad.  Don't go Matt. I choose home-school also.

OK so its getting better. I'm ready for my first day.

The gang walking to school.

Back in the routine like it was yesterday. But, new cubby this year.

That black cover on the water bottle later had to be removed. "i think its to much of a temptation for me, I keep playing with it". 

So he made it through his first day of Second grade with Mrs. Cantrell. She is such a wonderful teacher. I am happy to report Matt has had five star days this whole year. He likes to remind us of this also. Actually this morning he proposed that if he was to get five star days for the entire year could we either A. go to disney world with Ben. or B. get a salt water fish tank that is the size of our living room. Both options seem very realistic huh?
On the flip side, I hear about home-schooling everyday. I'm not sure what exactly in his head he thinks will happen on home schooling days. When I ask him he reports this; " do a couple hours of work, you read to me. I will work in the garden, go play with Ben, have lunch, play the ipad, and then help you do some chores." Harvard here we come.
Good to be back in school. Gilbert Christian is such a great place. We are so thankful we get to go there. And don't worry, James is working hard on being known as the guy who is always riding his bike with a cup of coffee. Morning and afternoon. The kids in the neighborhood are so worried he is going to spill his coffee.  I love it.

1 Response
  1. Erin Says:

    Every time I read your blog I realize how much I love your family! And I wish so bad I was your neighbor.


Post a Comment