Genevieve Coffelt
We called a snow day this week. Flagstaff just had a little fresh snow, so we took the opportunity. Matt did drive the two hours up to the mountain with his ski goggles on. It was hilarious, I wished I had a camera. That night, he did sleep in his boots. Do you think he was excited?

We drank our coffee and hot chocolate in the morning...

 and we hit the slopes. It was blast. Perfect weather, perfect day. James helped matt down the hill for the first few runs, but then he was off on his own. I loved it. My first run with skiing. I will never snowboard again. It was wonderful not worrying about falling off the ski lift, no un-doing, re-doing the bindings. It was freedom.



 The boys were awesome. By the end of the day, I was doing my best to keep up. 
Matt did tell James on the ski lift that he was "addicted to skiing". He started pleading to come back before we left the slopes. The following morning during breakfast, Matt made a frowning face with his ketchup and said he was sad because he was not skiing. 
I don't blame him, however, I think it might have been more to do with a free school day. 


0 Responses

Post a Comment