Genevieve Coffelt



This year for the class Valentines party Matt asked me to take him on a special trip to pick out the cards. This was only to be he and I. No dad.  So we parted our ways from Dad and headed down the Valentine aisle in Target. I had a feeling something was up. Sure enough. He told me he would like to find something "special" for Abby  in his class. Like what? I ask.
Well, like this....  or this..... or maybe this..
Items such as the large bear holding a heart or piece of candy. A pair of socks with hearts on it. The little heart shaped box with candies. 
Oh boy... 
He has had a soft spot in his heart for Abby since the first day of first grade. She is an older women however... 3rd grade.  So we agreed to a little dog finger puppet. A smaller item... to not bring so much attention to him.... or her....
The party was a success. And she liked her special gift. Matt endured many taunts and jokes from his buddies... but was un-phased. 
Here is our conversation about her, 
"matt, what do you like about her?" 
" I just do.. she is nice"
"what makes her nice?"
"just.. well she is nice.. she chases me"
"what else about her?"
"she loves Jesus"
"you don't have to be thinking about girls right now, lets focus on your spelling"


And yes... that is her in the background of this picture. Her mom took a picture of both of them, and she asked matt if he would like a copy of the picture. 
He replied,  " I would like that very much"


LOve is IN the Air...........

0 Responses

Post a Comment