Genevieve Coffelt
We talk a lot about how much Rachel is changing everyday, but rarely do we see matthew's little changes any more. I guess once you get past that first year or so, the changing slows down. But, it's still happening. I remember Matthews sweet little voice when I first met him. The funny little noises and sounds always amazed me. And now, his voice (still sweet most of the time :) ) is slightly deeper, and the words are pronounced clearly and stated with confidence. A subtle, but BIG change. Then I browsed through this first day of school pictures and you can see how he has changed. You can see the obvious physical changes of course. But when you really look again you see the change in his confidence. From that first day of kindergarten, scared, innocent to his second grade "i'm sort of ok smile", to his third grade hands in the pocket, "yah mom, get this picture over with, back to the grind"face.

As a mom its so important to keep him physically well. Good nutrition, good sleep, consistent teeth brushing, and showers...  you know what I mean. But more importantly I must nurture him, instruct him, and show him the word of God through both my actions and words. My hearts desire for Matthew is to be a man who has a heart for God and His purposes. Above all things.
How does this happen? Well, it must be an overflowing of my heart. I must first be filled with the Word and filled with Gods strength and grace.. then I can overflow to my children. This is of utmost importance. Who cares if my photo clip above is not as big as I wanted it to be. I need to spend my extra time praying, maybe even on my knees... for I have been entrusted with two amazing souls.

Time goes by way toooooooo fast.....


1 Response
  1. Erin Says:

    Oh the door pics...love them. You are an amazing mom and you've got it all right- grace in...grace out!


Post a Comment