Genevieve Coffelt
In our home I have chosen incredibly safe colors to paint the common areas. Its actually wonderful, all matches, flows, standard brown/grey. There are hints of a warm blue here and there. It has turned out nice. Very safe. Those pictures to come later. 
But it was time to create a space where I can create. I'm not an artist, but I love to spend my free time sewing, making cards, drawing, crafting of any kind really. Always with talk radio in the background.  I find that I need that outlet. I love the colors in fabrics and could stare at them all day. I could honestly stare at a group of freshly sharpened colored pencils or rows of thread all day. I love color. 
So here is the beginning stages of  'vieve's room'. Still much to be done.. but this is the starting point.  

Let me begin with the piece we found on craigslist. Thank you J for striping, sanding and painting this old hutch for me. 
Green chair pad must go. I know. But the hanging light is an old plastic chandelier I found in my parents attic. Spray painted. I would love to dress it up more, perhaps later. Paint is two cans of 5$ paint from home depot. There was not a choice really. It had to work. 
Outside my window is the front street. But there is a huge honeysuckle tree which is covered with yellow flowers. Which was the inspiration for the yellow paint. 
There she is. Project runaway. That table expands out for the perfect sewing table. The ball is not cute, but practical for sitting on. 
Kids corner. Mostly my sweet neighbor Ava uses this corner. Complete with plastic carpet protector for any messes. 
This picture really doesn't do this justice. I should have used a better skewed angle. But the idea binders are filled with project ideas. And the fabric is waiting to we used. 
This holds my great collection of sewing and project books thanks to wonderful friends. And the top shelf is dedicated to the treasures I receive from Matthew.  Grandma Rachels picture is on top. 
I wish I could spray paint that project table white. Or maybe get a dark brown hutch. I don't know. Still have to squeeze in a spare bed for this room as it will also double as our guest room. Hummm. 

1 Response
  1. Erin Says:

    I love it! Can't wait to see it in person someday. The hutch is amazing...I've been wanting one lately. What are the paint colors? I've been trying to find a good yellow for Leighton's room.


Post a Comment